Here we are on the eve of another new year, ripe with possibilities. There are so many things we can count on experiencing in 2013. There will be surprises, tragedies, and triumphs. There will be love and there will be loss. Some things we will be able to control, and some things we will not.
I am not making resolutions this year, but I AM making some wishes, the way children make wishes, with all of their hearts, and my wishes are for YOU (and for me too). Here goes…
- Bravery. I wish for you the guts to pursue whatever it is that calls you, without delay. Life is short, and a rewarding life demands courage.
- An ability to let go of worry and embrace the unknown. A life without anxiety is a much better life. If you can remain calm and open, you’ll be better able to cope with whatever challenges you face, and you won’t waste your energy worrying about hypothetical problems.
- Self-acceptance. Trying to be something you’re not is exhausting. I wish for you the freedom to feel comfortable in your own skin and to stop judging yourself or others for not living up to expectations. You’ll feel better, I promise.
- Community. Remember that there are amazing people out there, all around you. Help them out whenever you can, and let them help you too.
- Gratitude. This might be one of the most powerful things you can do to change your life, immediately, for the better. I’ll start:
Thank you for being on this voyage along with me, and for helping me grow Red Thread from a tiny seed of an idea to a thriving creative enterprise. Thank you for helping me build this virtual community and for being honest with me about what you love and what you don’t. Everything I make is for you and for your children, and I have so much more to share with you in the year to come.
Happy New Year!
Red Thread Design